- 1. Black outline Maori tribal tattoo
- 2. Maori warrior tattoo on leg
- 3. Artistic tattoo design on shoulder and arm
- 4. Cultural tattoo design on hand
- 5. Bold modern tattoo with black filling
- 6. Creative tattoo on back:- a symbol of protection
- 7. Scary tattoo design on full face
- 8. Different style tattoo on arm
- 9. Protective tattoo design on foot
- 10. Tattoo That looks unique on leg
- 11. Simple black inked tattoo on chest
- 12. Grateful Tattoo that covers the full back
- 13. Delightful tattoo look like hand on leg
- 14. Evergreen Maori pattern tattoo on full arm
- 15. Clear view of tattoo design on full arm
- 16. Attractive tattoo design with bold lines
- 17. Famous wrestler and star with Maori tattoo
- 18. Trendy tattoo design on chest
- 19. Modern tattoo with new patterns
- 20. Black Thin outlining tattoo on neck
Maori tattoo :- Maori tattoo is tribal tattoo from Maori tribe of New Zealand. Maori tribal tattoo presents the culture and heritage of tribal people of Maori. These tribal tattoos have six main elements. These elements are:-
Different pattern which were part of wood and stone engraves are also part of Maori tattoos. Only two sea animals; whale and dolphin are part of Maori tattoos.Traditional flower patterns are not part of Maori tattoo but the modern tattoo designs are adding them to make the design more beautiful and attractive.
The original tribe warriors used to have their full body covered in Maori tattoo. Now people choose one or two parts of body for Maori tattoos. Some of the most famous locations for Maori tattoos are arms, chest, back and legs. Traditional Maori tattoos are inked in black ink. We are presenting you top twenty most beautiful Maori tattoos.
1. Black outline Maori tribal tattoo
Tikii symbol is inked in Maori tribal tattoo. This is Maori half sleeve tattoo. Whole design has think black lines except the face.
The face feature is inked in bold black ink. Tiki is a symbol for fertility. It is consider as good luck charm.
2. Maori warrior tattoo on leg
The warrior Maori tattoo is designed on the leg. The bold black ink makes the boundary and small detailing with lean lines is done.
Maori Koru covers are designed in this leg tattoo. it is a symbol of re-generation and growth.
3. Artistic tattoo design on shoulder and arm
Tattoo Artist has very beautiful link the tattoo design of arm with the back. Unaunahia and Ahu mataroa patterns are inked on the back and arm.
Koru spiral are also there in this Maori tattoo.
4. Cultural tattoo design on hand
This hand tattoo is inspired from the wooden pattern of Maori tribe inked on hand.
This Maori tattoo depicts the culture and civilization of Maori tribe of New Zealand.
5. Bold modern tattoo with black filling
This is a modern version of Maori tattoo. Maori symbols are less used here.
The circle sign presents the circle of life. Spiral Koru is a sign for re birth.
6. Creative tattoo on back:- a symbol of protection
This tattoo is inspired from myth which tells about sea creatures helping the Maori people during their journey.
Whale tale is made in this tattoo. It is symbol of intelligence and protection.
7. Scary tattoo design on full face
Maori tattoo is inked on the face. The actual Maori tribal warriors used to have such face tattoos.
There are koru spirals along the long triple line pattern. It is a symbol of courage.
8. Different style tattoo on arm
This Maori tattoo on arm has high details. Some portion of tattoo is fully filled and some portion just has outlining. Pakati patterns are associated with warriors and battles.
It is a symbol of strength and courage. The fish scale pattern is a symbol for health.
9. Protective tattoo design on foot
Dolphin is inked with Maori symbols on leg. Dolphin is linked with Holy Spirit.
This playful animal is a symbol of protection. According to Maori myth it protects the sea traveller.
10. Tattoo That looks unique on leg
Toki inspired tattoo is designed on the calf. This is linked with ancestors. Toki design is symbol for power and authority.
In ancient times it was also associated with weapon of warriors.
11. Simple black inked tattoo on chest
Simple Maori tattoo is inked on the chest. Many patterns are interlinked with each other that shows bonding.
There are kori symbols as well as line patterns. It represents courage.
12. Grateful Tattoo that covers the full back
Lot of tribal symbol are inked on the back in the form of X. the central circle depicts the life cycle.
The half circle on both of the shoulders depicts life and death.
13. Delightful tattoo look like hand on leg
Unique Maori tattoo is composed on the calf of leg. Hand is form with eye in the circle.
This is modern Maori tattoo. Beauty of this Maori tribal tattoo lies in the use of signal color.
14. Evergreen Maori pattern tattoo on full arm
Long Maori patterns and designs cover the arm. This Maori tattoo presents the different story.
Spiral curves are there along with patterns.
15. Clear view of tattoo design on full arm
Pakati pattern over powers the ‘Maori tattoo’ design. This pattern was very popular among Maori warriors. This pattern represents the battle field where warriors showcase their courage and strength.
The flower design is a modern feature.
16. Attractive tattoo design with bold lines
Maori tattoo is inked on a dangerous spot, neck. The tattoo is also inked with black ink.
Only bold pattern make up the design. There is no detailing.
17. Famous wrestler and star with Maori tattoo
The world famous Hollywood star and wrestler Rock has Maori tattoo on chest and upper arm.
All different symbols are combined to make this Maori tattoo design.
18. Trendy tattoo design on chest
Fish hook design is inked on many places in this tattoo. It is a symbol of good heath, prosperity and determination.
Fish hook is also called Hei Matau. This Maori tattoo is famous among sea lovers.
19. Modern tattoo with new patterns
This Maori tattoo is different from traditional Maori style tattoos. There is a flower designing which is no part of traditional “Maori tattoo”.
The scale design and triangle link it with Maori tribal tattoos.
20. Black Thin outlining tattoo on neck
Spiral and fish hook tattoo designs are inked on the neck. This tattoo has small detail feature.
Very thin designing is done which covers the sides of neck.